Prestigious PELORUS Award Recognizes kgb As Industry Pioneer of Wide Variety of Mobile Text Services for Business and Consumers
New York- October 1, 2008 – kgb, formerly INFONXX (www.kgbusa.com), the world’s largest independent provider of directory assistance and enhanced information services, has received the prestigious 2008 PELORUS Award for Excellence in Text-Based Directory Information Services (DIS) in the United States. The PELORUS Excellence Awards are presented annually to telecommunications industry leaders in recognition of their companies’ breakthrough accomplishments in the information services sector.
“This award recognizes not one, but actually a long list of innovative new kgb text products that have benefited business and consumers alike. kgb has been consistently ahead of the curve introducing market-leading text-based services in the U.S. and around the world. They have been an innovator with products that drive the whole sector forward and this award recognizes their understanding of the exciting growth potential of text messaging in the U.S.,” said PELORUS Group President, Alan Fross.
“We’re gratified that the PELORUS Group has recognized our commitment at kgb to building great, innovative products that continue to evolve along with our customers’ needs. Our dedication is to ensuring that text products in the U.S. reach their immense potential for the telecommunications industry, the carriers, and consumers,” said kgb CEO of North American operations, Charlie Anderson.
kgb has pioneered the provision of a broad range of information services beyond traditional directory assistance, including call completion, “TXT-Direct,” movie listings, train schedules, price comparisons and products that enable consumers to ask any question at all across multiple platforms including mobile and landline phones, two-way text messaging, and the Internet. In 2007, kgb launched its innovative and extremely popular two-way text messaging service in the United Kingdom that invites users to ask any trivia question, and will continue to expand two-way text offerings throughout Europe and the U.S. this year and next. kgb’s pioneering text-based information services include:
- 1-Way Text Information Services. kgb was the first wholesale provider to send text messages containing directory listing information to carriers in the United States. First to market, the product experienced explosive growth and enabled wireless carriers to launch optional or push-to-all 1-Way Text.
- 2-Way Text Information Services. kgb was the first wholesale provider to deliver the availability of 2-Way Text Directory Information Services, utilizing kgb’s database—the industry’s most accurate—to deliver DIS with the convenience and mobility of text offered through carrier-branded five- and six- digit short codes.
- Text//AdsSM kgb’s text advertising solutions offer advertisers the opportunity to target highly engaged audiences via text messaging and to reach consumers with unusually high and demonstrable response rates through the innovative Text//Ad product. The multiple ad types kgb offers on the back-end of text messaging products deliver unprecedented targeting opportunities to advertisers while enabling carriers to drive incremental ad revenue from 411.
- Text411 Today, kgb has expanded 2-Way Text information products to function as an exciting new 411 service to carriers.
- Ask411AnythingSM With this service, kgb has established the only Q&A text information service powered by a professionally trained staff of uniquely qualified live agents capable of delivering award-winning, professional service to texters everywhere. The service not only offers consumers the option of highly effective search with the convenience and mobility of text, but also offers carriers the potential to expand their service offerings to the mobile text sector.
In 2007, kgb also began offering an innovative suite of advertising services to small, medium and large businesses through 118//Media in the U.K. 118//Media offers a multi-modal, bundled advertising solution of enhanced voice, Mobile TXT and online services. 7000 advertisers have signed on since the product launched last year and in September of 2008, kgb partnered with CallGenie in the U.K. to create a self-service advertising solution with a degree of precision audience targeting never before available.
kgb (formerly INFONXX), a privately held Company, is the world’s largest independent provider of directory assistance and enhanced information services, having built some of the most successful and recognizable brands in the telecommunication services sector. kgb is also the largest and fastest growing independent wholesale directory assistance service provider in the U.S. kgb is in the business of providing immediate, specific, accurate and convenient answers to questions 24 hours a day, every day, via phone, text, and the Internet. In 2007, kgb served hundreds of millions of consumers and answered over a billion questions.
ABOUT The PELORUS Group
Since its founding in 1987, The PELORUS Group has emerged as one of the fastest growing independent market research and consulting firms in the United States. In addition to its own in-house staff of professionals, the firm has attracted some of the most sought after authorities to research industry studies and conduct custom assignments. It has built a clientele base which is truly global in proportions, while leveraging its expertise in all facets of information and financial services.
Today, The PELORUS Group offers clients a full complement of research and consultative services that is second to none in the industry. Included in the array are industry reports, custom research, competitive intelligence, and business planning services. The PELORUS Group is located in Raritan, NJ.
For more information, contact