kgb’s Answers to Any Question, Answered in Real Time by kgb Special Agents,
Are Now Available on Smartphones with More Information in Every Answer
NY NY, October 20, 2009—kgb, the global information company behind America’s most successful text answer service, kgb 542542, has introduced ‘kgb Answers,’ a new mobile answer application for the iPhone and Google Android devices (TM). Now available for download in the iPhone App Store and the Google Android Marketplace, the kgb Answers mobile app delivers quick and accurate answers to any question while allowing consumers take full advantage of the rich capabilities of their smartphones. ````
As with kgb’s 542542 text answer service, consumers can still “ask us anything,” but with kgb Answers, they can also get answers linked to maps with the ability to save important addresses and phone numbers and share with friends via email, SMS or facebook. Users can create favorites from among all their answers and see what other people are asking, they can browse questions and answers related to the topic of their own question, and they can even link straight to the answer source. Like the original text answer service, kgb 542542, kgb Answers is also powered by live kgb Agents who deliver quick, accurate answers to any question in minutes
“kgb pioneered the ability to deliver precise, accurate answers to any text question in a matter a minutes. With our new kgb Answers mobile app ready to download on iPhone or Google Android devices, kgb’s millions of customers using smartphones can now get an even more sophisticated information tool. Consumers still simply type a natural language question to kgb--no keywords required. When our kgb Special Agents respond to a question, the precision is the same as our text service, but with the kgb Answers mobile app we can deliver even more information with each answer due to the enhanced capabilities of a smartphone.” said kgb CEO of Mobile and Digital, Bruce Stewart.
“kgb Answers gives us even more ability to deliver the exact information our customers need, whenever they need it, on their mobile phones. kgb Answers lets you open a map with your answer and get directions to/from a location, share an answer with a friend, save your favorite answers as well as important phone numbers or addresses, browse related and interesting information for no extra charge, or even check out the answer source,” said Stewart. “Since many people are curious to see what other people are asking across a broad range of topics, we’ve included this feature in the app as well.”
A few examples:
• When asked about the location of Macy’s flagship store in New York City, kgb Answers delivers not only the location of the store, but also a map of the location (including the cross streets) and the capability for users to get directions and save the address to their phone. And the answer will also include a list of other questions kgb has recently answered about Macy’s, such as When was Macy’s founded? and Who is the owner of Macy’s?-.
• For the traveler, kgb Answers can help a customer find an economical hotel recommendation and will provide an answer that includes not only a hotel with rates and contact information included, but also a precise map and related questions others have recently asked about the hotel. This information can then be easily shared via email. For someone who asked, What’s a good hotel deal for Dallas tonight? Kgb Answers sent back the following on October 19, 2009: Booking via Expedia, a room at The Fairmont Dallas (Dallas, TX) is $175 for 2 adults, one night. Traveler opinion is 4.4/5 stars! - Source: http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch?geo=&q=Dallas
• Users can post their kgb Answers to their facebook profile page newsfeed to show their friends the questions they’re asking and kgb’s answers: Why do penguins have tails? What makes your eyes water when cutting onions? Which coach has won the most Super Bowls?
• kgb Answers allows users to retain a complete searchable history of all their previously asked questions and answers for future reference. People frequently find themselves asking the same question more than once-- Which exit off Route 71 do I take to get to the Columbs Zoo?, Where is the Apple store in the Roosevelt Field Mall?, Where is the main entrance to Fenway? –and with kgb Answers, users need only to browse their question history.
• Users can have fun browsing the questions kgb has been asked by other people for free—It’s fascinating to watch what others are asking! What is the shortest sentence in the English language? What’s the longest chapter in The Bible? Who was the first rock star to get arrested on stage?
Here’s how it works: After downloading kgb Answers, which costs $1.99 for the application and includes three (3) free answers, users access kgb’s core service. They can ask any question, which is then answered promptly by a kgb Special Agent and the app environment enables kgb to deliver more value in every answer. After the initial three answers, each additional answer costs .99 cents per question or iPhone users can enjoy volume discounts through in-app purchases via iTunes. IPhone users can download the app at: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=327535350&mt=8
In January kgb launched its U.S. flagship text answer service, kgb 542542 (kgbkgb) following the success of kgb’s similar "Ask Us Anything" premium text answer service in the United Kingdom.
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing in this press release are the property of their respective owners.
kgb (www.kgb.com) is a privately held, New York-based company and the world’s largest independent provider of directory assistance and enhanced information services. During its fifteen year history, kgb has built some of the most successful and recognizable retail brands in the telecommunications and enhanced information services sector. kgb’s European retail brands include The Number 118 118 in the United Kingdom and Le Numero 118 218 in France, both of which have the largest market share in their respective markets. kgb is also the largest and fastest-growing independent wholesale directory assistance service provider in the U.S.
kgb has pioneered the provision of a broad range of wholesale and retail information services beyond traditional directory assistance services, including call completion, movie listings, train schedules, price comparisons and “Ask Us Anything” service across multiple platforms, including mobile and landline phones, SMS and the Internet. Last year kgb served more than a hundred million consumers globally and answered nearly a billion questions.